Hungry Dog Tries Using Microwave, Leaving Kitchen In Flames

news /
Canna-pet

Dogs, they are a man's best friend. But did you know that they also make for a kitchen's worst enemy? Just one look at this trouble making husky, and you'll second guess leaving your pup alone unsupervised. One Essex resident's playful husky turned their kitchen into flames, after being given free range of the house.

Apparently, the furry friend had some fun with the microwave, he 'inadvertently turned on the appliance while alone within the kitchen.' And you can just imagine the chaos that ensued.

[caption id="attachment_9022" align="alignnone" width="601"] Canna-pet[/caption]

The sealed package of bread rolls, inside the microwave, subsequently started to burn, igniting a small fire in its place.

'The kitchen was filled with smoke,' though it did not 'spread beyond the kitchen area', Geoff Wheal, Watch Manager at Corringham Fire Station stated.

[caption id="attachment_9023" align="alignnone" width="609"] Dailyhealthpost[/caption]

Luckily, the pup's owner who wasn't home, noticed smoke in the kitchen through his phone's live camera feed. As a result, firefighters were able to come to the rescue, leaving the husky unharmed.

Folks, please, for the love of god, 'always keep your microwave clean and free of clutter or food and any packaging', as Geoff Wheal warns.